At Home Learning for Oak Meadow & BUMI Students
If your child is going to be out for an extended time due to family concerns about Coronavirus here are some things your child can be working on at home.
- Read for 30 minutes every day
- Practice your math facts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Choose one of the “Writing Prompts for Kids” found below and write a sentence (K-1), paragraph (2-3rd) or essay (4-5th). Add a drawing or illustrations to your piece.
- Login to Pearson Math www.Pearsonrealize.com and do a review lesson for a previous unit.
- Username: Last Name, First Initial, last four numbers of the student ID
- Password: Capital P plus birthmonthday twice (ex: P10241024)
- Mandarin classes should login to Better Immersion and review on-line lessons
- Choose some things from the appropriate grade level “Technology You Can Do At Home” list found below.
- Want some more fun writing ideas?
- Write a comic book
- Start writing a novel
- Make an illustrated dictionary about a topic you are passionate about
- Make a list of palindromes - Words spelled the same forward and backward
- Find as many 5 syllable words as you can
- Write a book of poetry