Benefits of MYP
Research shows that students participating in the MYP: build confidence in managing their own learning, learn by doing, connect the classroom to the larger world, outperform non-IB students in critical academic skills, thrive in positive school cultures where they are engaged and motivated to excel, and develop an understanding of global challenges and a commitment to act as responsible citizens.
An MYP education:
- addresses holistically students' intellectual, social, emotional, and physical well being.
- provides breadth and depth of understanding through study in eight subject groups.
- requires the study of two languages (language of instruction and additional language) to support students in understanding their own cultures and those of others.
- empowers students to participate in service projects within the community.
- helps to prepare students for further education and eventually the workplace.