DISTRICT GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
GOAL #1: STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT – MAXIMIZE THE PERFORMANCE OF EACH STUDENT IN ALL ACADEMIC AREAS
- Provide financial, instructional, curricular and technical resources to ensure that each student is demonstrating sustained and consistent progress at the highest level possible for that student.
- Annually, growth in student achievement will occur to meet measurable targets. The district will develop a list of high performing comparable districts and schools to compare the performance of students in Buckeye Union School District.
- Implement a challenging subject matter curriculum and assessment in each content area aligned to standards. The district will begin working with LCF teachers to implement State-adopted standards. The district will begin to identify options for updating elementary English-Language Arts curriculum.
- Implement data-driven differentiated instruction and train staff to meet the needs of all levels of learners using research-based programs.
- Maintain a research-based professional development program that cultivates ongoing learning and professional dialogue to ensure a highly skilled teaching staff.
- Provide an environment that maximizes learning for all staff and students via 1) clean, safe, and well-maintained facilities; 2) appropriate class sizes based on research and resources; 3) modern equipment and technology access needed to enhance learning. The district will begin implementation of a plan to replace and expand wireless access points across the District.
- Use technology to help maximize student performance in all academic areas via 1) the implementation and communication of technology standards/assessments for each grade level; 2) the use of computers to safely and appropriately access information and further learning; 3) integration into all appropriate parts of the curriculum. The district will continue professional development and collaborative activities aimed at promoting use.
- Return students to a full school day.
- Establish the degree to which students are experiencing learning loss and intervene.
- Complete International Baccalaureate validation process at Camerado and Valley View Middle Schools.
- As the State assessment program was suspended in 2020 and the educational delivery model has been severely disrupted, the District will use the 2021 student assessment results to establish a new student performance baseline.
- District will conduct comparable schools achievement study to understand student performance on the 2021 State assessments.
GOAL #2: MAINTAIN FISCAL INTEGRITY & ACCOUNTABILITY OF DISTRICT
- Develop a balanced budget using state budget standards and board policy that includes criteria for a contingency reserve beyond the 3% requirement.
- Maintain an appropriate balance between using resources for the greatest good to the greatest number of students while serving our highest/lowest achievement groups.
- Support the priority of the district goals by focusing expenditures on academic programs, student achievement, and effective staff.
- Increase and improve services, in proportion to the increase in funds apportioned under the LCFF, to ensure that English learners, foster children, and socio-economically disadvantaged students, who generate the increased supplemental funds, have targeted resources to promote student learning as outlined in the LCFF.
- Develop, adopt, and annually update a three-year Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) to align resources through a comprehensive planning process to State priorities and district goals.
- Monitor progress on goals to help inform necessary adjustments to funding allocations and processes consistent with the LCFF and LCAP.
- Develop, adopt and update a two-year Common Core State Standards Spending Plan to support professional development, acquisition of instructional materials and technology to support the transition to the Common Core State Standards.
- Hire and retain a diverse and highly qualified workforce, strengthen their skills through ongoing professional development and collaboration, and evaluate their performance on a regular basis.
- Pursue revenue sources including grants, donations, partnerships, and support the Buckeye Education Foundation.
- Explore and implement strategies to control costs in all areas, i.e., special education, nonpublic school placements (NPS), food service, transportation, and utilities, including changing methods of program delivery and operations.
- Plan for impacts of uncertain fiscal climate.
GOAL #3: MAXIMIZE USE OF TECHNOLOGY TO ENHANCE THE WORK OF STAFF
- Implement and maintain the use of data management systems to support the use of data to improve student achievement and social emotional development by informing instruction, interventions, resources, and staff development.
- Maintain IT infrastructure that supports tools necessary for employees to conduct necessary classroom and office based functions.
GOAL #4: STRENGTHEN COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Use public awareness of Buckeye Union School District’s accomplishments through positive/accurate reporting in all forms of media to foster community-wide relationships and support for the District and its goals. The District will establish a practice of periodically communicating through a district newsletter to the community.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive plan for community relations.
- Continue positive connections with parents through parent education programs, PTA/PTSA coordination, School Site Council/Parent Advisory Council, Buckeye Education Foundation, ConnectEd calls/emails, and expanded use of school newsletters and websites.
- Support open communication and dialogue with constituency groups through district staff and Board visitations to all sites.
- Continue to use the district website and school websites as vehicles of communication and link to resources for the community.
- Increase personal communication with parents and students via online access to grades and attendance (eSchool PLUS).
- Work with the entire community to navigate challenges of COVID-19.
- Continue marketing of special programs designed to generate enrollment (e.g. Charter Montessori, Mandarin Immersion, and International Baccalaureate programs).
GOAL #5: PROMOTE THE DEVELOPMENT OF EACH STUDENT AS A "WHOLE" PERSON
- Continue to improve prevention and intervention strategies for addressing "at risk" behaviors of students, including bullying awareness with both parents and students.
- Provide training to teachers, parents, and students in activities emphasizing exercise and nutrition for the development of healthy lifestyle choices in students.
- Continue to create, provide and strengthen activities for personal growth, self-esteem, responsible behavior, youth development, and citizenship.
- Build and implement programs to develop lifelong learning habits in students.
- Encourage and increase the participation rate in extracurricular activities.
- Develop an understanding, acceptance, and appreciation of racial, cultural, ethnic, social and religious diversity.
- Identify and serve students with social-emotional challenges resulting from COVID-19.
- Initiate District-wide employee suicide prevention training.
- Conduct Love and Logic parent support classes.