Sports at Valley View
Our school offers a full range of athletics and intramurals. All students who participate as athletes in organized competitive sports must provide proof of insurance. Please visit our District website for information on Student Insurance Plans. Upon sustaining an injury or serious illness, a student may be required to provide documentation clearing the student to resume participation in the sports activity.
Your student must have a completed 2023-24 Sports Packet as well as the corresponding sport permission form on file.
Here are a few reminders for our student athletes:
- Students must have permission slips signed by the parent and student.
- Students must attend school for at least four (4) periods on a game day or day before a Saturday game or they will not participate in that game.
- Students must maintain 85 merits.
- If grade requirements are not met, students will have two (2) weeks to remove the deficiency. Students will not be allowed to suit up for games until the grade requirements are met. If the deficiency is not removed within two (2) weeks, the student will be removed from the team.
- Students who are placed on a team will be asked to make a donation to offset costs. A player’s personal appearance, when in uniform, must conform to what the coach/administrator determines is important to the success and safety of the player in that sport.
Qualifications to Participate
To be eligible to participate in sports students must maintain the following standards:
Good citizenship and 85 or more merits
A 2.0 grade point average
Not receive a trimester grade of an “F” in any class.
Please refer to the student bulletin or links to the left for other sports-related information.