Strengthen Community Relations and Communications
1. Use public awareness of Buckeye Union School District’s accomplishments through positive/accurate reporting in all forms of media to foster community-wide relationships and support for the District and its goals. The District will establish a practice of periodically communicating through a district newsletter to the community.
2. Develop and maintain a comprehensive plan for community relations.
3. Continue positive connections with parents through parent education programs, PTA/PTSA coordination, School Site Council/Parent Advisory Council, Buckeye Education Foundation, ConnectEd calls/emails, and expanded use of school newsletters and websites.
4. Support open communication and dialogue with constituency groups through district staff and Board visitations to all sites.
5. Continue to use the district website and school websites as vehicles of communication and link to resources for the community.
6. Increase personal communication with parents and students via online access to grades and attendance (eSchoolPLUS).
1. Continue work with the Buckeye Education Foundation and PTAs/PTCs to establish strategic purposes for fundraising. Engage groups around District transition to new science/STEM standards.
2. Continue to engage all stakeholders about the educational program through the Local Control Accountability planning process.
3. Continue to provide triannual newsletter to the Community. Establish social media presence.
4. Host “Coffee with the Superintendent” meetings at each site.
5. Host meetings to welcome parents of new students to Buckeye.
6. Redesign District website.
7. Provide more opportunities for teachers and support staff to engage with D.O. administrators.