Technology in B.U.S.D.
The Buckeye Union School District values the role that technology holds in the lives of our students, staff, and families. District goal #3 addresses this focus as follows:
B.U.S.D. GOAL #3: MAXIMIZE USE OF TECHNOLOGY TO ENHANCE THE WORK OF STUDENTS AND STAFF
- Use technology to help maximize student performance in all academic areas via 1) the implementation and communication of technology standards/assessments for each grade level; 2) the use of computers to safely and appropriately access information and further learning; 3) integration into all appropriate parts of curriculum.
- Implement and communicate a technology literacy standard for staff and implement a professional development plan to ensure all staff meets this standard.
- Implement and communicate a technology literacy standard for students as recommended by the District Technology Committee.
- Implement and maintain the use of data management systems so administration and teachers can use data to target teaching programs, interventions, resources, and staff development on the integration of technology in the curriculum.
- Maintain a current District Technology Plan through an annual review and identify resources needed to meet the plan’s hardware/software standards.
- Implement, communicate and fund a replacement plan for technology.